Ms. Anderson has been working in the field of U.S. immigration law since 1995. Ms. Anderson is experienced in nonimmigrant visas, employment and family-based immigrant visas, labor certification applications, consular processing, applications for adjustment of status, applications for waivers of inadmissibility, J-1 hardship waivers, naturalization applications, and I-9 compliance. She also lectures at colleges and universities on immigration issues.
Ms. Anderson worked in our London office from 2004 to 2007. She returned to her native Minnesota in December 2007 and opened our Minnesota office. Prior to joining Ferman Law, she worked at Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. and Ingber & Aronson, P.A., (now Aronson & Associates, P.A.) which are both located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Ms. Anderson was awarded a Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law in Saint Paul, Minnesota in 2002 and was admitted to the Minnesota Bar that year. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Minnesota.
While an undergraduate student, Ms. Anderson lived and studied in Santiago, Chile. She is proficient in Spanish. Also during her undergraduate studies, Ms. Anderson served as President of the Board of Directors of the International Study and Travel Center at the University of Minnesota and was honored with the President's Student Leadership and Service Award.
Ms. Anderson is married to a British citizen, who is now a U.S. permanent resident. Ms. Anderson processed his case through the U.S. Embassy London. The couple is active in the British expat community in the Twin Cities.
Areas Of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law 100%
- Minnesota, 2002
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Jurist Scholarship (1998-2001)
- Honors: CALI Award of Excellence in Immigration and Naturalization (Spring 2001)
- Honors: Dean's List (Fall 2000 and Spring 2002)
- Honors: Who's Who: American Law Students (21st ed. 2001)
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1994
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: President's Student Leadership and Service Award (1994)
- Honors: President, International Study & Travel Center Board of Directors ('93-'94)
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa, National Leadership Honor Society
- Major: Political Science
- Recent Changes to Religious Worker Visa Processing, 2009
- Can't Buy Me Love - Overcoming the Sham Marriage Visa Denial
- How Does My Husband Become Legal?
- Overview of U.S. Immigration, North Hennepin Community College
- Overview of U.S. Immigration, McNally Smith College of Music
- U.S. Immigration Options for Physicians, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, (London, U.K.)
- U.S. Immigration Options for Nurses, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, (London, U.K.)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., Paralegal (Immigration Practice Group), 2001 to 2004
- Aronson & Associates, P.A., Legal Assistant, 1997 to 2001