Visitors Visas B-1 & B-2

Business and Tourist Visitor Visas

If you plan to visit the United States on holiday or for business, the attorneys of Ferman Law in London can tell you whether you need a visitor visa and, if so, they can help you obtain one.

Do You Need a Visitor Visa?

If you are a citizen of one of the 38 visa waiver countries and do not plan to stay in the U.S. for more than 90 days, you most likely do not need a visitor visa. With some exceptions, citizens of the UK and most European countries do not require a visa.

You will likely need a visa if:

  • You have a criminal conviction (even if it has been spent or expunged)
  • You plan to stay in the U.S. for more than 90 days
  • You have been denied entry to the U.S.
  • You are citizen of a country that is not on the visa waiver list
  • You plan to travel to the U.S. on a private jet or any means of transport other than a commercial flight

Our American emigration lawyers can help you obtain the type of visa most appropriate to your needs.

B-1 Business Visitor Visa

Persons going to the U.S. on business, to attend conferences, conventions, seminars or for litigation purposes may apply for a B-1 business visitor visa. You must not receive a salary or other remuneration from a U.S. source, nor can you engage in ordinary employment stateside. Entry can be granted for up to six months, but many B-1 admissions are granted only for the period necessary to conduct business. There are separate categories of B-1 visas for domestic workers and certain other types of workers.

B-2 Tourist/Holidaymaker

Persons wishing to go to the United States to visit family or friends, to obtain medical treatment, to participate in amateur arts and entertainment events, or for general tourism may apply for a B-2 tourist visa. You may not work in the U.S. with this visa. A B-2 visa holder is normally admitted for a period of six months and can be extended in some instances for an additional period of six months. Your spouse and children must also qualify independently if they will travel with you to the U.S.

To discuss your specific needs with an experienced emigration lawyer, please contact our office in London, England. Call 07710 751266.