US Permanent Resident Lawyer

Services for U.S. Permanent Residents

The American emigration attorneys of Ferman Law provide a wide range of important legal services to U.S. permanent residents. If you are a green card holder, we can assist you with the following:

  • Naturalization/citizenship: Our lawyers help people who have a claim to American citizenship through birth or descent to claim their citizenship. Many are children of a U.S. expatriate and a British citizen. We also represent people who wish to become naturalized U.S. citizens.
  • Reentry permits: If you are a permanent resident of the U.S. who plans to be out of the country for six months or more, we recommend obtaining a reentry permit before your departure. You can be outside the U.S. for up to 2 years and still return as a permanent resident if you have a reentry point.
  • Returning resident applications: If you have been outside the U.S. for a year or more and did not obtain a reentry permit before you left, you will need to apply for returning resident status in order to have permanent resident status when you return to the U.S.
  • Abandonment of U.S. permanent resident status: Abandoning your permanent resident status absolves you of the obligation to file a U.S. tax return and releases you from gift and inheritance tax obligations. If it is not done correctly, however, there can be serious tax complications, particularly for those who were permanent residents for more than eight years. Our experience in American emigration allows us to protect your interests and get the job done right.
  • Boarding Foils: If your green card has expired or if you have lost your green card and you are outside the U.S., you will need a boarding foils to reenter the U.S.

For reliable advice and representation, U.S. permanent residents in England, throughout the UK and around the world rely on Ferman Law. Please contact us to discuss your case. Call 07710 751266.