US Work Visa Lawyer

U.S. Work Visas

The American emigration attorneys of Ferman Law represent businesses and individuals who need nonimmigrant work visas in order to live and work in the U.S. temporarily.

Work visas favor those in professional, managerial and executive positions as well as those with specialized knowledge. There is a long and confusing list of work visa categories. We can determine the one that is best suited to your needs, and which ones may be obtained more quickly and easily.

Nonimmigrant Work Visas

  • L-1, intra-company transferees: For those who are transferred to a U.S. subsidiary, parent company, affiliate company or branch office of their company outside the U.S.
  • H-1B, specialty workers: Not every worker can obtain an H-1B visa. Only a limited number are issued each year. You must have at least a U.S. bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, and the position in the U.S. must require that degree.
  • E-3, Australian professional workers: Similar to the H-1B, this visa is only available to nationals of Australia.
  • O-1, aliens of extraordinary ability: This visa is reserved for those who can demonstrate extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.
  • R-1, religious workers: This visa is for religious workers employed by a religious institution or organization.
  • J-1, exchange visitors: Foreign nationals who come to the U.S. for training in their field and return to their home countries to use and share the knowledge they gained can obtain this visa.
  • TN, NAFTA professional workers: Part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (“NAFTA”), this visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico to work temporarily in the United States.
  • B-1 in lieu of H-1B: In some instances, it may be more appropriate and advantageous to apply for a business visitor (B-1) visa rather than an H-1B visa.
  • C-1/D, crew members: International airline or cruise ship crew members may need a C-1/D visa.
  • I, journalists and members of the media: This visa is for those covering a story or engaged in some other activity related to the foreign media in the U.S. 
  • P-1/P-2/P-3, athletes, artists and entertainers: Professionals in this category must be fairly well known or culturally unique to be eligible for a visa.

Processing times vary according to the type of visa. The H-1B, L-1, O-1 and certain other visa categories are eligible for premium processing. Premium processing is completed within 15 calendar days and costs an additional $1225.

Please contact our office in London, England, as soon as possible to discuss your need for a work visa. Call our emigration lawyers at 07710 751266.