US Investor Visa Lawyer

America Is Open for Business

The United States welcomes foreign business owners and investors who are willing to purchase, relocate or establish a business which creates jobs for American workers and contributes to the American economy.

Comprehensive Legal Help for Investors

The emigration attorneys of Ferman Law in London can help you take advantage of various programs designed to bring foreign investment — and investors — to the States. Our law firm has nearly 30 years of experience representing investors from around the world who have gone to America to work temporarily or become permanent residents.

Because we focus on U.S. immigration law, U.S. business law, we are well positioned to advise you about investor visas and doing business in America. Former clients include a physician from South Africa who invested in a Vermont ski complex and a Dutch businesswoman who invested in a Seattle-based real estate development project.

Investment visas are an effective way for high net worth individuals to obtain American green cards for themselves, their spouses and their children under age 21.

  • EB-5 employment creation immigrant investor visa: There are three investment options for EB-5 visa holders, and all lead to U.S. permanent residence. They require an investment of between $500,000 to $1 million. These programs are not limited to the independently wealthy. The sale of a relatively modest home in the London area can often generate the funds needed for the investment. We can also obtain green cards for your spouse and children under age 21.
  • E-1/E-2 treaty trader and treaty investor visas: These non-immigrant visas allow citizens of countries that have a treaty with the U.S. to live and work in the U.S. Initially, E-1 or E-2 status is usually granted for two years, with the possibility of extending your stay. Extentions are usually granted in five-year increments. The E-1 visa allows qualified people to carry on the trading of goods, services and technology in the U.S. The E-2 visa usually requires an investment of approximately $200,000 in an active U.S. business which you own or control.

Investor visas are extremely complex. It is essential to consult an experienced lawyer about the complicated process of obtaining the appropriate visa and establishing your business in America.

To discuss your plans, please contact our office in London, England. Call 07710 751266.